Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Zaken Corporation

For anyone coming across this blog that might have questions, I actually ordered my Zaken kit over a year ago, but am only just getting started. I plan on documenting everything. You will be able to read all about it here. You'll also find a wealth of other monkey making opportunities here and at my other blog "Bay Area Mompreneur".

To be honest I haven't made a cent from Zaken yet. But, I can't say that I have given it a real go either. I tried to work the plan at first, but having two little ones at home, it has been very difficult to find the time, let alone a quiet moment to make phone calls. I did get a couple of leads in the beginning (making a few calls on the weekends) but nothing panned out. They either didn't have a large enough quantity for Zaken to consider buying it, or they never sent me the samples they had promised for a review of their merchandise. So I put it on the back burner... I recently stumbled upon my kit again and decided to give them a call to see if I was still a member (since so much time has elapsed) and to see if I could still try to find liquidations for them. The phone number was still a working number (a plus) and they answered the phone! They guaranteed that I could indeed continue to work the business if I wanted to give it another go. I guess once you join, you are in essence a member for life? So... I may give it another try if I can find the time. When I do, I will continue to post here about my progress and let you know if there is indeed money to be made using his system.

How it all Began:

I received a postcard a couple of years ago, offering me a way to make money using HIS money... I returned the postcard to request additional info... I then received a large envelope from them that contained a magazine sized booklet about the system... I didn't read through it all because it was just too long to read at the time... I'm a stay-at-home mother of 2. My daughter was almost 3 at the time, and my son had just turned one... So, I don't really need to explain about the "time" situation!
Well, the envelope got misplaced and possibly even thrown away, and I forgot all about Zaken...
Lo and behold, a few days later, I received another envelope identical to the first... But this one contained a follow-up letter and the magazine style report again... I decided to actually read the letter this time and it peeked my curiosity... I decided to set aside some time after the kids were in bed for the night, to go ahead and read through everything from front-to-back... Okay, it sounded like it might work, but I was still a wee bit skeptical, so I decided to check them out at ripoffreport.com Hmmm... They actually received a pretty good rating from Rip Off, despite the bad reviews they had gotten in the past... So... I talked it over with my hubby and I decided to take the plunge... If nothing comes of it, I could still get my money back... So, the way I look at it is that it was worth a try... I called and placed my order by credit card over the phone. And that's where it all started.

If anyone out there reading this is already working with Zaken, I'd love to hear about your experiences and/or progress and failures with the company... Until next time...

6 comments:

SherriK said...

It is now May 7, 2008. Have you made any money with Zaken yet? Or have you found out if it is a scam? Please advise as soon as possible. Thank you.

Bay Area Knitter said...

No, I haven't made any money with Zaken yet... But then again, I haven't been able to put my full effort into it much either... With my two little ones at home, it's very difficult to find the time to make the calls to different companies looking for closeout merchandise and overstocks. Are you considering joining Zaken?

Ro on the go said...

Hi. my name is romeka. I purchased the money making website and has not made a single cent. I have had the site for a month. I will give it a couple more weeks if still no thrill then I will give up. If anyone has made money witb the website please email me @ romeka_gaston@att.net. Thank you!

Bay Area Knitter said...

Hi romeka! Thanks for your comment. I didn't buy the money making website. But I'd also like to hear how that goes for you. At the moment, I just haven't been able to give my time to trying to make it work.

Marci said...

I ordered the EBay marketing system. I had used EBay in the past and I had just opened up a store and was looking to expand my inventory. I thought it sounded good. It did too good to be true!

I ordered the system, ( I had 30 days to try it before they charged my account) and started it the first day I got it. Nothing happened, big suprise. I tried it for the month with no results.

There are only a few items and there are a ton of people trying to sell the exact same items .

Anyway, I called Zaken on the 8th to find out how to ship the program back to them, I had to leave a message. Called back two days later, again I had toleave a message. Called back two days later, on the 12th and finally got a hold of someone.

I was told that my card wasn't going to be charged until the 18th but that he would push back the date until the 25th so I wouldn't get charged. I went that day to the post office and mailed it back by priority mail like I was instructed. I got delivery confirmation for it.

Delivery confirmation showed that it was delivered on the 15th. I thought that I was safe. Never think that with Zaken!

My checking account was charged the fee on the 18th! Because I didn't have the money to cover it, like I knew I wouldn't we also got charged 3 overdraft fees.

I called Zaken on the 18th, was told that my account would be moved up to the first position in the refunds. Why wasn't it handeled as soon as they got it? And why was I charged on the 18th and not the 25th like I was promised?

I told them that I was holding them responsible for the overdraft fees that I incurred and wanted them to refund those fees as well.

The program fees were eventually reversed but the overdraft fees were not credited. So, I called back and rexplained the situation again and how it was their fault. I was told that he would check in to it, he took my name and number and was suppose to get back to me.

I didn't hear anything so I called again. This time I was told that this was a matter for upper management and that he would talk to upper management and get back to me.

Again, I didn't hear anything. I called back again, this time extreemly irate. Explained the situation again. Was told that the person who was handeling my account was no longer with the company and the request must have been lost when he left.

She told me that this was a case for upper management and she was not authorized to help me. I demanded to speak to her supervisor and was transferred. Guess what, I got her voice mail!

I left an angry message stating that I want the money that I am owed and that I require someone to contact me immediately or I will take further steps to collect my money.

That was an hour ago. We will see if they get a hold of me. I seriously doubt it.

Bay Area Knitter said...

Marci - Wow! Sounds like you've had a really rough go of the Zaken situation! I am seriously considering not to pursue that opportunity at all. It doesn't sound like it would be worth all the headaches! I wonder if it's too late to get MY money back? Thanks so much for sharing your story with us!